Webex App - Disabling Auto-Start Functionality
By default, the Webex App installer sets up the application to start on login. This documentation will highlight how to disable this functionality on both Mac and Windows operating systems. Please note: Per-machine installations either pushed via system administrators or acquired from the campus software library will have this option greyed out.
Disabling the Webex App Auto Start Pushed via System Administrators (Windows)
- Open the Registry Editor application as Administrator from your Windows Search bar
- Enter "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" into the top search bar
- Right click "CiscoSpark" in your list and choose Delete
- Go back to your Webex App and you will now be able to enable or disable Webex on startup
Disabling the Webex App Auto Start acquired directly from the Cisco website
- Search for and open "Task Manager" with administrative rights. (Right click and select "Run as administrator")
- Expand the Task Manager window by selecting "More details"
- Navigate to the "Startup" tab.
- Locate "Webex App" or "Webex" and select it.
- Select "Disable on the bottom right hand corner of the Task Manager window.
On your Mac, locate the Apple icon in the top left and select it followed by "System Preferences..."
Once in the System Preferences view, locate and select "Users & Groups"
Once in the Users & Groups menu, ensure that the proper user is select and switch to the "Login Items" view
On the Login Items page, either select and remove the "Webex" or "Webex App" application using the minus symbol or hide the application by selecting the checkbox
Please note that to perform any of these actions, you may be required to unlock the window / settings via the lock icon in the bottom left of the system preferences window. You will required administrative access over your system to perform this.