Webex Training: Pro Tips Before Using Webex Training
Looking for a tool to incorporate breakout rooms with Webex? How about teaching your class a new lesson and having a Q&A after?
Webex Training is the perfect tool, especially when it comes to break out rooms. Here are some helpful tips:
Helpful Tips Before Choosing to Schedule a Webex Training
- Webex Training is meant more for smaller classroom sized trainings, utilizing break-out rooms to allow attendees and a panelist to discuss specific topics in their own audio session outside of the main sessions audio session.
- Makes it easy to bring any shared white-boarding or files shared from those breakout sessions with the entire group
- In the session window, select the Breakout Tab | Share Breakout Session Content | Select presenter and request them to share the content
- Allows for one or multiple presenters/panelists that either share content or answer Q&As
- Host can un-mute all participants or specific participants if need be in the main session, BUT NOT the panelists.
- Presenters have the ability to mute and un-mute microphones in the breakout sessions, along with the attendees able to un-mute or mute themselves.
- It is best to set this meeting up by logging in to the web browser at https://uwmadison.webex.com rather than through Outlook applications as more features can be selected there.
- Watch these videos here to learn more about how to use Webex Training
To Schedule a Webex Training
1. Go to https://uwmadison.webex.com
2. Login using your primary email and authenticate to UW Madison
3. Select Webex Training in the lower left hand corner
4. Follow the instructions found here