Topics Map > Administrative Control Panel
Web Hosting - Create and Manage Node.js Applications
The Plesk control panel offers support for adding Node.js applications to your websites with just a few clicks.
To Control your Node.js Application, log into the Plesk Control Panel and click on the Node.js Icon. From the Node.js Control Panel you can:
- Choose which Node.js version should be used on a domain.
- Install dependencies via NPM from the UI.
- Specify custom environment variables.
- Edit configuration files.
For detailed information on using Node.js within Plesk, view the Plesk Node.js Support Page.
Web Hosting uses the Phusion Passenger application server with Ruby and NodeJS. There are some limitations in this setup.
- Any individual domain hosted by Web Hosting can support one of PHP, Ruby, or NodeJS. If support for two or more of the scripting languages is required, additional domains must be used. (Example: domain.wisc.edu for the frontend/PHP and apps.domain.wisc.edu for the backend/Node.js.)
- Phusion Passenger logs to the system error log instead of the domain error log. As a result, you will need to contact Web Hosting to get output from that logfile. Phusion Passenger Issue #1279
- Shibboleth attributes can only be accessed via headers, they will not be available within the system environment.