WiscIT - Linking Incidents to Potentially Related Problems
There are a large number of problems that can be linked to within WiscIT. However, a Potentially Related Problem list exists which may allow you to link an incident to a problem without searching through a long list.
Linking to a Potentially Related Problem
- Open an Incident and set the classification to the same as the open problem
- Click on the "Potentially Related Problems" tab at the bottom
- Click on the Potentially related problem. The problem should then be highlighted in blue within the list.
- Click the "Link to Potentially Related Problem" Button on the Incident next to the red do not enter symbol.
- The Incident has been linked to the problem if the red sign switched to a chain link.
Additionally, if you would like the incident to resolve after the linked problem resolves, set the incident to pending, and the pending reason to "Linked to Problem".