News and Announcements
- Final Office 365 transition timeline set Jul 20, 2015, 2:45 PM CDT
The timeline for the retirement of WiscMail / WiscMail Plus / WiscCal has been finalized. All WiscMail (@wisc.edu) accounts will be migrated to Office 365 by October 14. All WiscMail Plus accounts will be migrated by November 14. The complete timeline is available here.
- New account creation for WiscMail Plus / WiscCal disabled July 14 Jul 13, 2015, 12:55 PM CDT
Due to the pending move of all WiscMail/WiscCal accounts to Office 365, the ability to create WiscMail Plus accounts and WiscCal resources will be disabled beginning on July 14.
- Faculty/staff can self-migrate to Office 365 starting June 1 (Updated) Jul 24, 2015, 1:24 PM CDT
UW-Madison faculty and staff will be able to start their own migrations to Office 365 beginning on Monday, June 1, unless they are part of an organization with a Migration Partner who is coordinating a later transition.
- UW-Madison sees an increase in phishing attempts Apr 10, 2015, 11:43 AM CDT
Recently, UW-Madison has seen an increase in attempts to obtain NetID and password credentials from UW-Madison students, faculty, and staff via email. To avoid falling victim to a phishing scam, never respond to an email that asks for your password, and only enter your NetID and password if you recognize the campus NetID login screen.
- Why is WiscMail occasionally listed on Backscatterer.org? Mar 31, 2014, 4:51 PM CDT
WiscMail is occasionally listed on Backscatterer.org which sometimes results in messages from our users being rejected from 3rd party email services. This article will help clarify why this happens.
Top Documents of the Week
- WiscMail / WiscMail Plus - Importing "mbox" mailboxes into desktop email clients
- WiscMail Outlook Upgrade Warning
- WiscMail / WiscMail Plus (iPhone/iOS) - Configure Mail
- Reset Outlook 2007 Settings
- WiscMail / WiscMail Plus (Android) - Configure Email Application
- Thunderbird - Error Copying to Sent Folder
- WiscMail / WiscMail Plus - Supported Email Clients
- WiscMail / WiscMail Plus - Differences between POP, IMAP, and WebMail