WiscChat - Configuring Pidgin
This document provides instructions for the configuration of the Pidgin Instant Messaging client for use with WiscChat.
Start by opening Pidgin.
To configure Pidgin for WiscChat you must add it as an account using the manage accounts window.
- If you have added an account prior to this you will need to click on Accounts and then on Manage Accounts from the buddy list window.
- If you have not added an account, you should be presented with the manage accounts window as soon as Pidgin opens.
In the manages accounts windows, click on Add...
Fill in all the information in the Add account window.
- In the Protocol pull down, choose: XMPP
- In the Username field, enter your NetID or first.lastname if you have a first.lastname email account.
- In the Domain field, enter wisc.edu
- In the Resource field, enter a name to identify your computer. This field can optionally be left blank.
- In the Password field, enter your NetID password
- In the Local alias field, enter you name as you would like it to appear on this computer. This field can optionally be left blank.
- After you have entered all of your information, click on Add.
Pidgin should now be properly configured with WiscChat.