Topics Map > WiscMail / WiscMail Plus > Filtering
WiscMail / WiscMail Plus - Setting a Vacation Message
WiscMail / WiscMail Plus accounts have the ability to automatically reply to incoming emails for times when you won't be able to reply to emails for an extended period.
WiscMail & WiscCal only
||NOTE: This document is only applicable to WiscMail / WiscCal . If your account has been migrated to Office 365, please search the Office 365 KnowledgeBase for help. More information about the transition to Office 365 is available here.|
Log into the Wisc Account Administration site using your NetID credentials.
If you are prompted to select an account, select the desired account you want to manage. If you don't see your WiscMail Plus account listed here, you will need to add an authorized NetID for your WiscMail Plus account.
Expand the WiscMail section located within the left side menu.
Click the Filters and Vacation menu link.
If you have an automatic vacation message filter already created, then click on the title of this filter to update or edit your existing vacation message.
Otherwise, to create a new vacation message, select "Automatic Vacation Message" from the drop-down select box next to the "Create Filter" button.
Complete the form and save the filter.
- Start Date
- Automatic replies will begin to be sent at 12:00:01 am of the date specified.
- End Date
- Automatic replies will continue to be sent until 11:59:59 pm of the date specified.
- Subject (Leave blank to use 'AUTOMATIC REPLY')
- Enter the subject of your automatic reply.
- Vacation message will also be sent when an e-mail addressed to the following additional addresses is received
- This field should contain any additional email addresses (comma delimited) you would like to have your vacation message sent to. Example: you are logged in as 'email@example.com' and you have the following address, 'firstname.lastname@example.org', which is forwarded to this account. You want to make sure that users who send to either address receive this automatic message. Then you should enter the following into this text field: "email@example.com", without the quotes.
- Auto Reply Message
- Enter the body text of your automatic reply. (Maximum: 10,000 characters)