Topics Map > Directory Search
Directory Search (Win) - Configuring Outlook Express for LDAP
The procedure is the same for all versions of Outlook Express but not for Outlook XP/2003.
This document describes how to configure Outlook Express (for Windows) to access the campus LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) server for directory service information.
WiscMail & WiscCal only
||NOTE: This document is only applicable to WiscMail / WiscCal . If your account has been migrated to Office 365, please search the Office 365 KnowledgeBase for help. More information about the transition to Office 365 is available here.|
- Start Outlook.
- Click on the Tools menu and select Accounts.
- In the Internet Accounts window, click on the Directory Service tab.
- Click the Add button, and select Directory Service.
- This will start the Internet Connection Wizard. In the Internet Directory (LDAP) server: field, enter ldap.services.wisc.edu, and click Next.
- When presented with the option to "check addresses using this directory service", select No and click Next.
- Click Finish.
- In the Internet Accounts window, under the Directory Service tab, double-click on ldap.services.wisc.edu.
- In the ldap.services.wisc.edu Properties window, click on the Advanced tab.
- In the Search base field, enter dc=wisc,dc=edu.
- Click OK.
- Click Close in the Internet Accounts window.
This completes the configuration. To initiate an LDAP query:
- Click on the Tools menu and select Address Book.
- Click on the Find People button inside the Address Book window.
- From the drop-down list labelled Look in: select ldap.services.wisc.edu
- Under the People tab, enter the text of your query (the name you want to search for) into the Name: field, and click the Find Now button.
- Results will appear below.