This document will walk you through how to add your service account to WiscWeb as a user. It is assumed that you already have an existing service account to work with.
Important: This will give anyone with the login credentials to the service account access to the WiscWeb project.
Steps for Service Account User
- Open a private browsing window and navigate to https://wiscweb.wisc.edu/wp-admin
- Login with your service account credentials. The username/NetID will be everything listed before the @ symbol plus an underscore (_) and the beginning of their domain.
- For example, if the service account is firstname.lastname@example.org
- The username/NetID would be admin_wiscweb.
- The password is the one listed in the Wisc Account Administration site. If you do not have a password set, you will need to follow the instructions listed in this KB article:
Steps for Project Admin
Once the service account has logged in, WordPress will capture their credentials. An admin can then go in to their project and add this account using the steps in WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Adding a User.