Topics Map > Getting Started
Topics Map > UW Theme Functionality > Page Elements
WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Link Image to Full View Version Upon Click
This document will walk you through the process of linking an image to a larger version of the same image, or linking an image to something else.
Enter your content editor
- Log in to your site and access the dashboard. You can use the following instructions to do so: WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Logging in to your Site
- On the left hand side, you can enter a content editor in either the Pages or the Posts tab.
Step 1: Add media
- Once you're in the content editor, enter the Visual Tab as shown in the image below.
- Next, select the Add Media option
Step 2: Copy media link
- Upload your image if it is not currently available in the media library tab
- Select your image in the media library tab
- Once selected, you should see the option to copy the link of the image on the right hand side
- After the link is copied, select Insert into page
Step 3: Insert link on image
- Back in the content editor, click on the image. It will show it is selected when four white squares appear on each corner
- Click on the link symbol (number 2 of the image below)
- Lastly, paste the link that you copied into the URL field below the image.
Step 4: Test and Publish
- At the top right of your screen, you will have the option to Preview the page/post.
- Selecting preview will allow you to view the content before it's published. Clicking on the image in the preview will redirect you to the standalone image.
- Once testing is complete, you can publish the page.