Topics Map > UW Theme Functionality > Page Elements
WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Posts Listing Page Element
The Posts Listing page element will allow you to display your latest posts on a page. You can select the category and number of posts to display on the page. For an example, see the UW Theme website.
- Purpose and use
- Adding the Posts Listing page element
- Using the Posts Listing page element
- Recommended image size
Purpose and use
The Posts Listing page element can be used to display your newest posts to your site visitors. Posts can be used for a number of different purposes, including news articles, blog posts, site updates, general announcements, or even event updates.
Adding the Posts Listing page element
- Navigate to the page on which you want to add the Posts Listing page element.
- Scroll to the Primary Content Area and the Layout on which you want to add the Latest Posts.
- At the bottom of that Layout, click on Add Page Element.
- On the Page Element list, click on Posts Listing.
Using the Posts Listing page element
The Posts Listing page element has the following options:
- Header text: Adds a title above the posts.
- What kind of post type?: Determine if you want all posts to be displayed; posts by certain categories to be displayed; or individual posts to be displayed.
- Show featured image?: Determine if you want the featured image of a post to be displayed.
- Number of posts: Determine the number of posts to display.
- Show Post Date: Display the date that a post was published on.
- Show excerpt?: Display an excerpt for the post(s).
- Show "More Posts" link: Gives users option to view all posts or more posts of a particular category.
- "More Posts" link text: The custom text for users to see instead of "More Posts."
- "More Posts" link URL: The URL to send users to when they click the "More Posts" link.
Recommended Image Size
The recommended image size for the post listing is just the default thumbnail size (150x150 pixels).