Topics Map > Permissions
Topics Map > Launch
WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Creating Manifest Groups
This document will walk you through the process of building and populating Manifest Groups for managing users on login-protected WiscWeb websites and pages. Because Manifest requires someone to manage the account, it should only be considered for content and resources that need to be restricted from public access. Examples would include departmental resources that should not be seen by non-department members, staff contact information that cannot be public, etc.
At this time, we are not taking new requests for intranets or sites that require integration with Manifest Groups. We apologize for the inconvenience and will keep the community posted on any developments on these topics.
Step 1: Login to Manifest
- Login with NetID credentials
Step 2: Request a New Manifest Folder
- Instructions here: https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=27783
- Note: A submission for the folder will be sent to the Manifest Services team at DoIT. It may take up to 2 business days to hear back on this request but it usually takes mere moments.
Step 3: Set Manifest Folder Privileges
- Instructions here: https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=28819
- Note: You should only add those users to the Privileges tab whom you trust to have control over this folder. Do not add every member of your team unless you want them all to have the ability to modify these Manifest settings.
Step 4: Create a Manifest Group
- Instructions here: https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=25878
- Please create the group with no spaces in the title. For example, instead of "My New Group," label it "mynewgroup."
- Important: Before you select "Create Group," toggle the white "Advanced Options" button. This will open some additional settings you will need to add your group.
- Under Privacy Options, check the box next to "Hide this group from search results." (Leave the other box titled "This group protects restricted and/or sensitive data" unchecked). WiscWeb sites cannot house restricted or sensitive data so if this is your need, we cannot host this site for you.
- Under "Delivery/Connection Options," type in your SAML2 Identity ID in the following format: https://yourdomain.wisc.edu/shibboleth (example: https://wiscweb.wisc.edu/shibboleth). When finished, choose the white "+Add Entity" button.
- Do not choose to Publish to Campus Active Directory. When finished, click the red "Create Group" button.
Step 5: Set Manifest Group Privileges
- Instructions here: https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=25880
- Note: you should only add users to the Privileges tab whom you trust to have control over this folder. Do not add every member of your team unless you want them all to have the ability to modify these Manifest settings.
- Please also add the WiscWeb team to your privileges. This allows us to edit as needed when troubleshooting is required. For this, simply type "wiscwebteam" into the Add group privileges field and select the group path that appears (uw:domain:wiscwebcms.wisc.edu:wiscwebteam).
Step 6: Add Members to a Manifest Group
Adding Individual Members
- Instructions here (refer to Adding Individuals section): https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=25882
- Note: It is not recommended that you add any site administrators to this Manifest Group as it will reassign their role to "Subscriber" in WordPress every time they attempt to access the live URL. This will also happen if these users preview or View Page in WordPress. Therefore, the workaround is to not add administrators and editors as members of the Manifest Group.
Adding Group Members with UDDS
- In the Group, select the Members tab and click the red "+Add Members" button.
- In the "Add Group Member" field, start typing "udds" and wait until the dropdown list of possible UDDS codes populates. Choose your UDDS code. (More information available here: https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=30150)
- When finished, click on the red "Save" button.