Topics Map > Getting Started
Topics Map > Troubleshooting
WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - File Size Uploads to Media Library
This document outlines our recommendations for uploading files into the Media Library.
- Keep images below 300kb.
- Full-width images should never exceed 600kb.
- You should consider adding image compression to our uploads, if possible
- Videos should never be hosted in the Media Library
- You are encouraged to use YouTube, Vimeo, or Kaltura for video hosting
- While it is possible to upload PDFs to the Media Library, we recommend that you host these files on Box
- Note: there are several benefits to hosting PDFs on Box. See WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Why We Recommend UW Box for File Storage for more details.
- WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Using Media Library to Add Images or Documents
- WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Image Sizing Recommendations for Page Elements
- WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Using Photoshop to Crop Images
- WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Why We Recommend UW Box for File Storage
- UW-Madison Box - Support Overview