Topics Map > Embeds and Integrations
Topics Map > Getting Started
Topics Map > UW Theme Functionality
WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Embedding Kaltura Videos
The following document will walk you through the steps required for embedding Kaltura videos in Pages and Posts in WiscWeb.
This document walks a user through the steps of finding and embedding a Kaltura video into a Page or Post in the UW Theme. This document also assumes that you are the owner of, or have some administrator access to the video.
Users want to upload and embed videos to a video streaming service. WiscWeb has customized this ability to make it easy to embed videos from the UW-Madison campus streaming solution, Kaltura.
Kaltura MediaSpace is a product UW-Madison uses to host and deliver media for educational use at UW-Madison.To find out more information regarding Kaltura and its use, please refer to these documents:
- Kaltura - How to Log in to Kaltura MediaSpace (UW-Madison)
- Kaltura - Uploading Files to Kaltura Mediaspace (UW-Madison)
- Kaltura - Frequently Asked Questions (UW-Madison)
To find your embed URL, follow these steps:
- Upon logging in to Kaltura and accessing your video, scroll down and click on the Share tab
- In Share, click on the oEmbed tab.
- Select and copy the URL in the oEmbed field.
Once you have accessed and copied the the share URL from Kaltura, navigate to your Page or Post in WordPress.
- Paste (Ctrl + V or Cmd + V) into a Text Block on your Page or Post
- You will see the URL briefly in the Text Area, which will then be replaced by a preview of the video that you are embedding.
- Click Publish or Update on your page or post to commit your change.