Topics Map > Functional/How-to
Topics Map > WordPress
WiscWeb - Using the GravityForms Plugin
This document includes information about the GravityForms plug-in, including links to the vendor's site on how to use the plugin.
Important Update ::
With the WiscWeb move to Amazon Web Services (AWS), users of Gravity Forms will need to update their "From Email" setting within the Notifications area of each form that you are using to use this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The GravityForms plugin allows you to create forms for your visitors to fill out. You can add a variety of question types and logic to the questions to elicit the information you need from your customers.
Documentation for how to use GravityForms can be found at https://www.gravityhelp.com/support/
Our User Guide can be found at https://uwmadison.box.com/s/wnqxmfchxzrl5tu06lbpdf9nm7rljuls
For an example of GravityForms, see https://wiscweb.wisc.edu/plugins/gravityforms/.
Sensitive and Restricted Data
It is important to note that these forms do not safely store sensitive and restricted data, and should not be used to gather data of that nature.
- Navigate to Forms > Add New.
- Click on Advanced Fields and drag CAPTCHA into your form.
- Click on Sign-up for an API key for your site. NOTE: We recommend using a departmental Google account and not your personal account for this key, as the key will be tied to that account.
- Click on Settings page.
- Scroll down to the reCAPTCHA Settings section.
- Enter the key in the Site key field.
- Click Save Settings.