WiscWeb - WordPress - Turning Comments Off On Your Site
By default, commenting is turned on for posts that you create on your site. This document will walk you through the steps of turning off future comments, as well as the steps needed to update existing posts to turn off comments.
- In the left menu, hover your mouse over Settings and click on Discussion.
- In the Default article settings section, make sure the Allow people to post comments on new articles checkbox is unchecked. This will turn off any future commenting on posts that are created within your site.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save Changes to commit your selection.Po
Now that you have turned off future comments, you will have to go back and turn off comments on each individual post you had created prior to making this change. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to your posts section by clicking on the Posts menu selection in the left menu.
- Click on a post that you need to update from the list presented.
- First, make sure that your Comments and Discussions boxes are visible on page. To do this, click the Screen Options drop down in the upper-right corner of your window.
- Once that is done, scroll to the bottom of the post page and and be sure to uncheck the Allow comments checkbox to turn off commenting on this particular post. Notice, you can also manage existing comments and if needed, delete them.
- Update the page.
- You will have to do this for every post you have created prior to turning off your site-wide commenting option.