This document will address the specific issue of Google Sheet tables not rendering in wpDataTables.
Steps for Linking a Google Sheet to wpDataTables
There are specific steps that must be followed in order to be able to share a Google Sheet to wpDataTables. If these steps are not followed, your table will not render correctly.
Step 1: Publishing the Google Sheet to the Web
- In your Google Sheet, choose File > Publish to the Web
- Choose the desired settings (Entire Document or just specific tabs)
- Click Publish
Step 2: Copy the Sheet URL and Paste into wpDataTables
You must copy the URL in the browser, not the URL listed in the "Publish to the Web" section.
- In your browser address bar, copy the URL of the Google Sheet
- Make sure that you have a new wpDataTable set up and have chosen to "Create Table from Existing Data Source" and click Next
- The Data Source type should be "Google Spreadsheet."
- Paste the URL into the "Input file path or URL" field and click Apply