EEPMBA Graduate Technology Information
This page will assist EEPMBA students who are graduating in addressing questions regarding email addresses, files, and software.
Under current university policy, graduating students will have indefinite access to their @wisc.edu email
accounts. However, you will not have continued access to a free Microsoft Office subscription. Your
online inbox, calendar, contacts, and tasks will be the only services that you will continue to have access
to under your alumni status. You will lose access to all the other Microsoft software, including timeframe.
Backing up or transferring data:
Alumni do not have access to UW-Madison Box, Google Suite, and OneDrive. When these services are
deactivated for an account, all files stored are also permanently lost. Shortly after graduation, please back
up all your data to a personal device or external hard drive.
1. Log into your online Outlook Inbox through your my.wisc.edu portal
2. Click on the app launcher and select OneDrive
3. Select the button listed underneath "Files", this will highlight all files and folders
4. Select "Download", all your files will now remain on your personal device following graduation
1. Create a new folder to store all files in
2. Select all the files in your Drive account, and move them into the folder created in step
3. After everything is in the folder, download it to your personal device.
1. Login to your UW-Madison Box Account
2. On the left-hand side, click on “Sync” to view the files that are synced to your device (arrow 1). These
are the files that be saved on your device after losing access to the UW-Madison Box account.
3. Click on “All Files” located above “Sync” on the left-hand side to view all files. Box files are not
automatically synced and files that have a checkmark (arrow 2) are saved to your device.
4. To save a file that is not check marked, click on the three dots next to the folder, select "More Actions"
and select "Sync" (arrows 3, 4, & 5)
1. Your VitalSource textbooks that are downloaded to your VitalSource app will remain on your device
2. However, all non-downloaded books will be removed from your account after graduation.
3. Your account can be activated on a maximum of 2 devices at one time, downloaded books will appear
on each activated device.