Topics Map > ATW > Web > Sitecore
Sitecore: Set up events in Sitecore
The following will discuss how to add an event to a calendar, using Sitecore.
Before adding an event to a calendar, we have to first locate that specific calendar in Sitecore. All calendars are located under Content and then UWM Events in Sitecore. For example, let's say we wanted to add an event to the MBA Real Estate calendar. The MBA Real Estate calendar would be found under Content > UWM Events > MBA > Real Estate.
To add a new event to the calendar you need to have a year, month, and date folder:
- If the year of the event doesn’t exist, right-click on the calendar item you'd like to add a year folder to (Ex: right-click Real Estate to add a year folder under Real Estate) and select Insert > Year (use four-digits for the item name - 2014).
- If the month of the event doesn’t exist, right-click on the Year item and select Insert > Month (use two-digits for the item name - 03).
- If the day of the event doesn’t exist, right-click on the Month item and select Insert > Day (use two-digits for the item name - 24).
- Finally right-click on the day item and select Insert > Event.
- You’ll want to enter
the following fields: Title, Description, Location, Event Start Date, Event End
- If you wish to link to more information, you can use the More Information field.
- If the content exists on our site, click on either the Insert Link (to link to a page) or Insert Media Link (to link to a Media Library item) button.
- If the content exists on another site, use the Insert External Link field.
- You may use the Link description field in the popup to set what the link text will be.
- When you’re ready, Submit and Publish the event to make it live.