Topics Map > ATW
Topics Map > Tablet
EMBA iPad Initiative - Downloading The OneNote App
Explains step by step instruction on how to download and install and App from the App Store. This example has one free App for UW faculty, staff and students called OneNote.
Home :: Knowing the hardware :: Setting up your device :: Working with applications :: Your online resources :: Your personal learning environment :: Getting help
The OneNote App, developed by Microsoft, is an application that allows you to gather many types of documents, take notes on these documents and share in a multi-user collaboration format. It gathers users' notes (handwritten or typed), drawings, screen clippings and audio commentaries. Notes can be shared with other OneNote users over the Internet or a network. As a member of the University of Wisconsin, you have access to the full version at no cost to you.
- Go to the App Store on your iPad, In our case we will search for OneNote App.
- Type OneNote or Microsoft OneNote in the App Store search area at the top right of the iPad. Notice that as soon as you start typing, possible App names start showing up on the suggestions list. If the OneNote shows up, select it.
- Select the "GET" button to the left of the App.
- The GET button becomes an "INSTALL" button, tap this to install the App on your iPad.
- If asked, enter the password for your Apple ID.
- The app will then start downloading to your device and when the download is complete, the Button "INSTALL" becomes an "OPEN" button.
- Click the Home button in your iPad to take you to your iPad home screen where you can find the OneNote App you just downloaded. Look for the icon. Anytime you want to use this App, just click on it and the App will open.
After you have downloaded the OneNote App, you need to configure it with your information. The initial screen will ask you to enter your email. Here you need to enter your wisc.edu email. By using the UW email, the App will detect that you are a member of the UW system and grant you access to your free account. If you use another personal email, the app will ask you to sign up for a pay service with Microsoft.