Topics Map > ATW
Topics Map > Tablet
EMBA iPad Initiative - Configuring the UW Box Account
How to configure the UW Box account to incorporate it to your workflow.
Home :: Knowing the hardware :: Setting up your device :: Working with applications :: Your online resources :: Your personal learning environment :: Getting help
Box is a secure cloud-based file management service that allows you to store and share your files. As Box is a cloud based service, you can reach your files space from anywhere, such as your desktop computer, tablet, or smartphone.
When using your UW-Madison Box account, you retain all intellectual property rights for all information stored in it. At no time may anyone besides you and your collaborators view, use, copy, or sell your Box account data and personal information.
UW-Madison Box accounts are available to UW students, faculty, staff and researchers. Each NetID account can have a Box space with an initial 50GB of storage. Box accounts allow you to easily collaborate and share documents and folders with others in your team. To use Box in your iPad Pro, follow these steps.
Using the Box App:
- Download Box from the Apple Store.
- Scroll forward on the screen documentation until the end screen.
- Select Log In in the bottom left screen.
- Log In using you UW WISC email account and your password.
- The first time it will ask you for your NetID and password. Enter it.
- After login in your account for the first time you will see a superimposed screen telling you what the menus on the left do.
- Click on the left top icon folder and you will see your Box space.
Using the a Web browser:
- Go to https://uwmadison.box.com/
- Click on Continue on the right side of the page.
- You will be taken to a NetID login page; login with your NetID and password.
- After logging in successfully, you will see your UW-Madison Box account.