EMBA iPad Initiative - Adding Notes to Your Notebook Pages
An introduction to creating and editing your notes in OneNote.
Knowing the hardware ::
Setting up your device ::
Working with applications ::
Your online resources ::
Your personal learning environment ::
Adding Notes to Your Notebook Pages
OneNote gives you a wide range of options for creating and editing your notes.
Adding content to your Notebook pages
Adding content to your pages is easy - once you create a page you can use one of three tab options (located at the top center of your screen) to enter different kinds of information:
- Pressing the home tab allows you to create text notes on a specific page
- Using the insert tab you can place the following items into your notebook page
- attach file
- PDF print out
- web link
- equation date
- note that you can mix and match content from all three tabs on the same page
- Using this tab, you can select tools to draw and annotate over existing content, using your Apple Pencil or with your finger
- The various draw options are:
- Line Weights
- Using the drawing mode option (the far right "hand" icon) you can toggle between using your hand or Apple Pencil to draw.
- When set to "on"/green, you can use your finger.
- When set to "off" you can use your apple pencil.
- Page Option Tab: "View"
- This page gives you several options by which to customize each page:
- Viewing Scale
- Page Background
- Password Protection
- Auto-Spelling Features