Topics Map > Tablet
EMBA iPad Initiative - Wireless Printing
This is a template for the EMBA iPad Initiative.
Home :: Knowing the hardware :: Setting up your device :: Working with applications :: Your online resources :: Your personal learning environment :: Getting help
Wireless Printing:If there is an AirPrint-Enable printer available in your WiFi network, you can print from an IOS device, wireless. Your iPad will detect any AirPrint-Enable printer and make it available to you. Some Apps may not allow printing, but the OneNote and the Microsoft suite do. Follow these instructions to print.
- Open the App you want to print from
- Open the document you want to print
- Find the icon , tap it.
- Find the Print icon and tap it.
- In "Printer Options", click "Select Printer".
- If there are AirPrint-Enable printers in your network, they will show up on the list.
- If you are at the school, you will need the following information:
- SSID: GraingerLearn
- Your iPad will remember this printer
Remember that there may be other people printing to the same wireless printer. If this is the case, it may take longer for your print jobs to be completed. We also recommend that you do not print documents larger than 5 pages and with many graphics using the AirPrinter. If you need to print long documents it is better to print from the desktop computers in the lab. WiFi printing can be very slow.
Note: There are other wireless networks available in Grainger Hall, specifically UW Net and EduRoam. You may find many printer options available to you from your iPad while connected to these wireless networks. Please do not print to these printers as their location is outside of Grainger Hall.
If you need to cancel a print job you sent, follow these directions.
- Double click the Home button in your iPad.
- Tap "Print Center" at the top of your screen.
- Select "Cancel Printing", the red text at the bottom of the screen.