Topics Map > ATW
Vision software Preparation for online Exams
These are procedures for setting up the Vision software for exams in the CLC rooms (2290 and 2294 Grainger Hall rooms).
Locking the Web and Restricting Access to Excel
To block the internet and allow excel only follow these steps or the graphic information.
- Go to the podium and log in using the Poduser credentials (ask ATW for the current password, as it changes once a year)
- The software that controls the classroom laptops is called Vision. It will launch automatically upon log in.
- When it launches, look for the icon in the toolbar that will allow you to select all the laptops, click 'Select All'
- Once the laptops are all selected, look for the icon ‘Lock Web’ and click on it. Now, students are not allowed to surf the internet.
- With the laptops still selected, locate the icon ‘Start Application’. Click the icon to expand your selection. From the drop-down menu choose Excel (which should be the second item from the top).
- When done with your class session, choose ‘Stop all Applications’, unlock the web by clicking once again on the ‘Lock Web’ button and clear all the selected laptops.
- Close Vision and don’t forget to log off from the podium laptop.
- Ask your students to delete any files they may have created from the laptop. This step will help you to get the laptops ready for the next session.