EEPMBA - VPN Mac
This page will help you install the offered VPN, GLobalProtect.
4. Proceed to installing the file once it has been downloaded.
1. Open the downloaded file. Proceed through the installation process, you will need to click continue, then continue, then install.
2. If you are prompted for your password, type it in. It will look like the image below once you have typed in your password. Then select install software.
Connecting with the GlobalProtect client
1. Open the GlobalProtect client.
- Mac OS X: Select the Spotlight in the top right corner or press the Command and Space keys at the same time and type GlobalProtect.
2. The VPN Client will start.
- Type the following information below into relevant fields:
1. Portal: uwmadison.vpn.wisc.edu2. Username: NetID3. Password: NetID password
Note that it you use both WiscVPN and departmental VPN, only your most recent VPN connection will be remembered in the portal field for future connections.
3. Press Connect.
Disconnecting from GlobalProtect
1. Opening GlobalProtect:
- On Mac, click on the GlobalProtect icon in the top toolbar. It will look like a picture of the earth.
2. Choose Disconnect.
3. You are now disconnected from GlobalProtect
Check out these articles to install GlobalProtect on other devices:Installing and Connecting with the GlobalProtect (PaloAlto) on mobile (IOS and Android)
Installing the GlobalProtect Client (Windows)