EEPMBA - GoPrint
The following articles are intended to get you started with your new devices and show best practices of how they can be used to enhance your learning environment both in and out of the classroom.
- Ensure that you are currently logged in to the campus wireless network otherwise you will be unable to add campus printers.
Note: Any campus wireless network will work
- Click on start Menu
- Click on File Explorer
- In the address bar, enter the server you wish to connect to (e.g. \\goprint.doit.wisc.edu, \\libprint.library.wisc.edu) and hit enter. See GoPrint - Printer Queue Names and Locations to determine to which queue you want to connect.
Note: It is important to include the backslashes in front of the address. If you do not, Windows will assume you want to go to a website and will open a browser taking you to the wrong place.
- Enter your Net ID and NetID Password
Note: You must use the following format
Password: NetID Password
Note: If you are connecting to the library print server please use Username: libprint.library.wisc.edu\printuser and Password: pr1nt.m3
- Click the OK button Note: The error message "The username or password is incorrect." will display until a valid username is entered.
- Scroll to the printer
- Double click the printer you would like to add
Note: After double clicking, it takes up to a minute for the next dialog box to appear
- A window will display with the message below
- When the following dialog displays, the printer has been successfully added
- When you print a document, select the printer you added.
Note: The example below is for Union South - yours may be for room 2325 printers
- Click on the Print button
- To retrieve your print job, go to the release station.