AV - Learning Commons Technology: Wireless Connection
How to wirelessly connect to a display in the breakout rooms, FAL, or ALC Rooms.
To connect wirelessly to the displays in the Finance and Analytics Lab and any of the Active Learning Classrooms in the Learning Commons, you need to install a small free app in your device first. You can connect any device with wireless capability like laptops, tablets and cellular phones that use Windows, Android, Apple OS or IOS.
How to install and use the Solstice Client?
- On the Rooms Control panel press the "Wireless Video" button.
- Make sure your device is connected to the UWNet Wireless Network
- Follow the prompts on the monitors to download and install the Solstice App-- Enter the displayed URL (IP Address) and install the Solstice app through the website. It should be something like 128.104.234.xxx
- Once installed and opened, click on the Enter IP tab in the client and type the same IP# that is on the display (128.104.234.xxx).
- It will now request a Code, look at the rooms display and the code should be enlarged on it for you to see.
- Depending on the device you are using, you'll have different options of what you can display on the screen. For people using MacOS or Windows OS Devices, you can either share your whole desktop, or specific application windows.
- On the rooms control panel, press the Wireless Video button.
- Make sure your device is using the UWNet Wireless Network
- Open the Solstice Client on your device, click on the Enter IP tab in the client, and type the IP# that you see on the screen, or find the correct device from the list of recently used devices in the Solstice App.
- In the next window, enter the four character key that is on the screen.
- Depending on the device you are using, you'll have different options of what you can display on the screen. For laptop users, select Share Desktop.