CloudFax - Enable Account to Send Faxes
This document explains how to enable your primary email account ending with wisc.edu to send faxes using the CloudFax service.
Please note, the steps below will only enable the option to send faxes from your NetID@wisc.edu account. It does not enable the option to receive faxes. Incoming faxes will be sent to a service account created by your department or DoIT. Consult your IT department or the DoIT Help Desk for information about receiving faxes.
Note about using service accounts:
- If a service account is assigned to a fax number to receive faxes, it can also be used to send faxes. You do not need to enable the option to send faxes for this account. When the account is assigned to a fax number, it is automatically enabled to send faxes.
- If a service account is not assigned to a fax number, it cannot be enabled or used to send faxes.
- Student employees
Enable Account to Send Faxes
- Login to https://email.wisc.edu/admin using your NetID credentials.
- Click on My Account.
- Click on CloudFax from the left-side menu.
- Click on Status.
- Click on the Enable CloudFax Sending button. This button will not appear if you are already enabled for this service. The screen will indicate you are already enabled.
After enabling CloudFax sending, you may need to refresh the page to show the sending capability has been enabled for your account.
- You can now send faxes using your primary email account. Learn how to get started.