DoIT Shared Tools - GitLab - Jira Cloud Integration
To configure Jira integration with a GitLab Project or Group, follow these steps:
- Create an API token in your Jira Cloud account
- Configure the integration in your GitLab Project or Group settings
- Follow instructions labeled for Jira Cloud
- Jira API URL can be left blank
- Web URL example: https://your-jira-space.atlassian.net
Sharing data between accounts
Before setting up the integration, consider whether there are any situations where data sharing would be a problem. Setting up this integration gives your Jira Cloud account access to some data from your GitLab Project(s) and vice versa. For example, a user who is a Member of your GitLab Project could see information from your Jira Cloud account, even if they don't have access to that account.
You should not put Sensitive or Restricted Data in GitLab (see DoIT Shared Tools - GitLab - Projects). Likewise, do not set up this integration if your Jira account has Sensitive or Restricted data.