L&S Curricular Deadlines for Course and Program Changes
Please consult the information below for deadlines to change courses, add courses or change program requirements.
Lumen Course proposal deadlines
New courses can be added at any time. However, if you follow the deadlines below, it will be available to use before the schedule is released.
- Note: Proposals will miss final deadlines if submitted with syllabus missing any required syllabus components or if any revisions are required before L&S CC review.
- Note: Recommended deadlines build in time for revisions, including adding missing components to the syllabus. They also include time for other required department or committee approvals (cross-listed department review, general education review, etc) or to address questions. You will be notified if revisions to the syllabus or proposal are needed. The recommended deadlines assume you will address feedback within several days.
Lumen Programs deadlines proposals for changes to undergraduate programs
L&S Curriculum Committee meeting dates and deadlines:
(by 8 am, Mondays)
|September 10, 2019 (orientation meeting)|| Sept 2, 2019||"Absolute deadline" for course changes effective Spring 2020. New courses can be approved after this deadline but see NOTES above.|
|September 24, 2019||Sept 16, 2019|
|October 8, 2019||Sept 29, 2019|| |
|October 22, 2019||Oct 14, 2019|
|November 11, 2019||Nov 4, 2019|
|November 26, 2019||Nov 18, 2019||"Absolute deadline" for course changes effective Summer 2020.|
|December 10, 2019||Dec 2, 2019||We recommend you submit course proposals to be effective Fall 2020 by this date.|
|January 21, 2020|| Jan 13, 2020|
|February 11, 2020||Feb 3, 2020||"Absolute deadline" for course changes effective Fall 2020. New courses can be approved after this deadline but see NOTES above.|
|February 25, 2020||Feb 17, 2020||The L&S Curriculum Committee will meet jointly with the CALS
|March 11, 2020||Mar 3, 2020|
|March 25, 2020||Mar 17, 2020|| We recommend you submit course proposals to be effective Spring 2021 by this date.|
|April 8, 2020||Mar 30, 2020|
|April 22, 2020||April 14, 2020|
|May 13, 2020||May 5, 2020||The University Curriculum Committee doesn't meet during the summer; courses approved during this meeting or later will reviewed by UCC in the fall. |
- Propose changes to L&S program requirements (Major, Named Option, Certificate, Graduate Minor)
- L&S: Proposing New Courses & Changing Existing Courses
- Curricular Changes in the College of Letters & Science
- Changing the Name of Your L&S Academic Program or Department
- L&S Curriculum Committee governance role
- L&S Curriculum Committee: Principles and members