Web Hosting - GIT Deploy via Plesk
To make deploying your website even easier, Plesk now has built-in integration with Git. This is available on both Windows/IIS/ASP and our LAMP platforms
When working with Git and Plesk first you need to decide if you want to use a local repository from your workstation or a remote repository hosted by a 3rd party. On campus we use GitLab and we would suggest you use the GitLab option for ease of use.
Follow this guide to configure Git with Plesk and your website here
Currently, you will need to click the “Pull Updates” button to sync the latest commits to the repository. If this becomes tedious, you can also create a web hook to GitLab to auto deploy your repository updates to your site without clicking that button.
- From your repository main page on GitLab click on “Settings” -> “Integrations”
- Ensure that “Push events” & “Enable SSL verification” are checked.
- You need to retrieve your web hook URL from Plesk. See the above documentation on the location of the web hook URL.
- Finally, paste this url in the URL field.
- If you do not know what to enter for “Secret Token” you can skip that field.
- Click “Add web hook” to complete
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.