Adobe Premiere Pro - Getting Started (UW-Madison)
How to Download and Sign In
Faculty and staff can download Acrobat by following the directions in Logging in with Your UW-Madison Account.
Check to see if you are eligible to use Adobe Creative Cloud services from UW System Eligibility for Adobe Creative Cloud.
Adobe Acrobat has been licensed by the UW-System for use by faculty and staff on both UW- and personally-owned devices, as well as those with UW-owned machines provisioned with Shared Device Licensing. Please check with your local IT staff to see if they can install Adobe Acrobat for you or if there are departmental policies on use and support of Adobe products.
- Adobe Education Exchange Premiere Pro materials. The Adobe Education Exchange includes a link to the Up and Running with Adobe Premiere Pro workshop which is a good introduction to Premiere.
- Adobe TV Premiere Pro videos
- Adobe Premiere Pro tutorials
- Lynda.com has excellent tutorials on Adobe Premiere Pro. For a broad overview see Up and Running with Premiere Pro CS6. Even though a newer version of Premiere Pro is available on the UW-Madison Campus Software Library page, the tutorial is still relevant. For information on logging into Lynda.com please see [Link for document 21984 is unavailable at this time]
- You can also find many YouTube tutorials on Adobe Premiere Pro.
Documentation and Resources
- If you are a UW-Madison student and would like assistance with using Adobe Premiere Pro please contact DoIT STS through their "Ask a Trainer" service. Someone from STS will contact you within two business days to setup a consultation.
- Instructors, staff, and students can use the Adobe software suite at most UW-Madison computer labs.