WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Group of Links Page Element
This document explains how to add a Group of Links to your pages. For an example, see https://wiscweb.wisc.edu/page-elements/group-of-links/.
Group of Links allows you to add a collection of links to your page. It is a great way to cleanly and logically display links to affiliated departments and groups.
Adding a Group of Links
- Navigate to the page on which you want to add a Group of Links.
- Scroll to the Primary Content Area and the Layout on which you want to add a Group of Links.
- At the bottom of that Layout, click on Add Page Element.
- On the Page Element list, click on Group of Links.
Using Group of Links
- If you would like to use a predefined menu, check the box next to Predefined Menu. You can then select one of your predefined menus that you've already created. To create a menu, see WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Creating and Editing a Menu. This would allow you to create a single menu, and then use that menu repeatedly over several pages or even the entire site.
- If you would like to add your own links to this page element, each link in Group of Links has three options per link:
- Internal or External: Choose whether the link is internal or external to your site.
- Title: Give the link a title. This is the text that will appear as a hyperlink on your page.
- Link Location: If you are using an external link, type the link here. If you are using an internal link, select it from the dropdown.