Staff/Faculty/PhD Student/TA printing to B&W_Rm516 - Mac
Staff, faculty or Graduate printing to B&W_Rm516
Please note: If you are computer is not part of the WIRED Taylor Hall network, you will need to setup Campus VPN for Mac BEFORE doing the steps below.
- Download and install the drivers FIRST.
Color_Rm112 AND Color_Rm429_Chair AND Color_Rm112_WisCard AND B&W_Rm516 (572MB)
- Go to Apple Menu-->System Preferences
- Select Printers & Scanners
- Click the "+" button to add a printer
- If Advanced is in the menu, skip to Step #7. Right-click in the grey area next to Windows and select Customize Toolbar.
- Drag-and-drop Advanced onto the Add dialog box toolbar. Close the Customize box.
- Select Advanced and use table to configure print queue information:
- Search for the correct driver. See the table below for the model number to type in the search:
Type: Windows printer via spoolss Device: Another device URL: smb://print.aae.wisc.edu/B&W_Rm516_Mac Name: B&W Rm516 Location: Rm516 Taylor Hall (lounge) Use: HP LaserJet P4010 Series
- The settings dialog box may open after selecting the printer driver OR you may have to select the printer and click Options & Supplies-->Driver AFTER the printer has been added. See the table below for the settings:
B&W Rm516 Collation in Printer: Yes
Tray 3: 500 Sheet input tray
Duplex Unit: Checked
- When printing to this printer for the first time, you will need to authenticate.