Topics Map > Technical Support > Remote Access > Community Servers
Connecting to LINCOMM (Mac)
Connecting a Mac to a LINCOMM server.
Please note: If you are computer is not part of the WIRED Taylor Hall network, you will need to setup Campus VPN for Mac BEFORE doing the steps below.
- Open up the Utilities folder by going to Go->Utilities in the Finder.
- Open Terminal
- Check the Community Server Availability Dashboard to determine which machine you wish to connect to.
- Type in ssh -X <netid>@lincomm<#>.aae.wisc.edu (ex: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- When asked to verify the SSH fingerprint, type y and hit <enter>
- Type in your NetID Password.
You may receive a notice that ".Xauthority does not exist". That is a normal message the first time you login to each LINCOMM server.