Topics Map > Technical Support > Remote Access > Community Servers
Connecting to LINCOMM with SecureCRT (Windows)
Connecting to Linux Community Servers (LINCOMM) with SecureCRT on Windows
Please note: If you are computer is not part of the WIRED Taylor Hall network, you will need to setup Campus VPN for Windows BEFORE doing the steps below.
- Download SecureCRT from the UW Software Library.
- Run the install file that was downloaded and use all the defaults for installation. SecureCRT should run automatically after installing.
- Use the standard location for configuration files
- You can decide if you which to use a Configuration Passphrase or not. If you choose to use one, it will need to be typed in every time you run SecureCRT (like an additional password).
- One SecureCRT opens up, click Cancel in the Quick Connect dialog box.
- Mouseover the Session Manager tab in the upper left, and select the + button to create a new session
- Select SSH2 and click Next
- Fill in the following:
- Hostname: lincomm<#>.aae.wisc.edu
- Port: 22
- Firewall: None
- Username: <yourNetID>
You may receive a notice that ".Xauthority does not exist". That is a normal message the first time you login to each LINCOMM server.