Schedule a WebEx Meeting (from web)
Instructions on how to schedule a WebEx meeting from the web.
**** PLEASE NOTE **** The person that schedules the meeting MUST attend the meeting. They are designated as the "host" and must start the meeting.
- Go to uwmadison.webex.com
- Click Sign In
- Enter your UW email address and click Next
- You will be redirected to the UW NetID login page. Login and use your MFA to complete the login process.
- Click the Schedule button
- Leave the Meeting Type selection set as default. Put a descriptive title in the Meeting Topic field.
A meeting password is required and one will be generated automatically for you. You can either click the generate button to the right to generate a new random password, or you can specify your own password.
Click on the Date/time to set the meeting's date/time and duration.
[Optional] You can specify email addresses in the Attendees field if you want WebEx to automatically email attendees all the pertinent information - it will also send them an calendar invite to add the meeting automatically to their calendar. You can choose to email out the link yourself - that information will be on the next page
- The meeting has been created. You can copy the entire meeting information (including links, meeting ID, telephone numbers) using the Copy button up top (circled in red below).
Attendees can connect to the meeting in any of the following ways:
- Click on the direct link specify in the meeting details
- Going to https://webex.com, clicking Join Meeting and typing in the 9-digit meeting ID number
- Calling the phone number specified in the meeting details, and then typing in the 9-digit meeting ID number when prompted.