Last Updated 12/11/2020
ASM's Student Services Finance Committee operates off of the following hierarchy of laws, rules, and procedures:
- Federal Government - U.S. Constitution.
- State of Wisconsin Law - State Statute 36.09(5): "The students of each institution or campus..."
- UW System - Regent Policy 30-3, Guidelines for Student Governance and Regent Policy 30-5, Policy and Procedures for Segregated Fees.
- UW System Financial and Administrative Policies - 820: a comprehensive document governing the allocation, distribution, and policies surrounding segregated fees.
- ASM Constitution: defines powers and membership of ASM bodies and defines some vote thresholds for increasing budgets.
- ASM Bylaws: outlines many SSFC and GSSF processes to include eligibility, budgets, viewpoint neutrality, voting thresholds, etc.
- SSFC Policies and Procedures & Standing Rules - gives details to SSFC processes and additional rules to follow not outlined in the ASM bylaws.