Using Fetch for Web Publishing
Initial Installation and Setup
- Download and install Fetch using the instructions on the Software Licensing and Availability page.
- Once you have the software installed, launch Fetch.
- From the File menu, select New Connection.
- You will then be presented with the New Connection dialog box.
- The information to fill out that box is:
- Hostname: www.botany.wisc.edu
- Connect Using: SFTP
- Username: As provided by Botany IT
- Password: As provided by Botany IT
- Initial Folder: /htdocs
- Port: 22
- Launch Fetch.
- From the Shortcuts menu, select the shortcut you created above.
- If prompted, enter the password you used initially. You can also choose to add that shortcut to your keychain to avoid future password prompts.
Updating Content Using Fetch
- You can move files and folders up to the server by dragging them into the Fetch window from the Finder or by using the Put button.
- Folders and files can be retrieved from the server by dragging them into the Finder or using the Get button.
- Once you're done making your updates, simply close Fetch.