Topics Map > Account Information
Resetting the Account Password
CAE staff do not have access to any of your passwords, as they are all stored in encrypted form. For this reason, if you forget your password, you will need to reset it. Note that some types of accounts such as collaborator require CAE intervention to reset (see below).
Never using links that are sent to you to reset your password, as they may be phishing attempts.
To reset your password, you will need to do the following:
- Go to the CAE homepage at cae.wisc.edu.
- Click on the link on the left side of the page named "CAE Account Management"
- On the page that you are brought to (titled "CAE Account Management"), click on the link titled "Reset Password"
- You will be brought to a page that asks you for your University username (NetID) and password. In the URL field of this page, you should see a closed lock with the words "University of Wisconsin-Madison" next to it.
- After entering your NetID/Password, you will be brought to a page titled "CAE Account Password Reset" that asks you for a bunch of information and allows you to reset your password. After you fill out the form and click on "Change Password", you should be able to log into your account in approximately 10 minutes.
If you have questions or need help, please contact the CAE HelpDesk:
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call the consultants at 262-5349
- Go to room 116 CAE (1410 Engineering Drive)
**If you are using an account with limited capabilities, such as an collaborator account, you will need to come to the CAE building (1410 Engineering Drive) and reset the password with a CAE staff member. CAE consultants at the helpdesk can not do this with you. If you cannot come into the helpdesk, let the consultant know and a staff member will be in contact.