CALS DDO - Faculty/Staff Policies and Procedures - Faculty Candidate Interviews
This document provides guidelines for College of Agricultural and Life Sciences faculty candidate interviews.
Last updated: December 9, 2021
Faculty Candidate Interviews
- The meetings are optional.
- The meetings can be requested at any stage of the recruitment, though our suggestion is to schedule them in the second visit (i.e. finalist stage).
- The meetings will be scheduled with the senior associate dean. For Extension appointments, the meetings will include the senior associate dean and/or the associate dean for extension and outreach.
- The meetings will be scheduled for 30 minutes in Agricultural Hall. Please designate someone from the department to escort the candidate(s) to/from the meeting.
- Meeting topics will include: 1) an overview of CALS, campus, and campus resources, 2) information on the tenure process, 3) information on Hatch/McIntire-Stennis funds, and 4) for Extension positions, an overview of the Extension/campus relationship.
- When you or your department representative request a faculty candidate meeting with the Dean's Office, please include the following information:
- Stage of recruitment (first visit, second visit, etc.)
- Potential meeting dates and times
- Candidate names
- PVL number
- Topics you'd like covered that are not mentioned in #5 above (if none, please state this)
- Attach: PVL and candidate CVs
- Please request meetings with the Dean's Office as soon as possible to accommodate scheduling. Jack Imbur (email@example.com) is the current contact for these requests.