Topics Map > Software > Salesforce > Training > Coaching Manual 2015
Module 1 - Introduction to Salesforce
Module 1 from Coaching Training Deck 6-oct-2015
In this module you will become familiar with the following Salesforce features:
Salesforce relationship frameworkSalesforce home pageSalesforce tabsSalesforce search functionSalesforce help function
| Community Account
Dane County, WI
Public Health Madison & Dane County
- These are the 3 primary components of Salesforce.
- Items can be referred to as 'records' - a contact record, an account record and so on.
- Salesforce is essentially about the relationships between records.
Salesforce Test Environment - the "Sandbox" system
- The test environment is a sandbox used for training purposes only – you can practice without worry that you’ve made a mistake in this environment
- Username & Password – Enter your provided Sandbox User Name which is in the form:
- Compare this to your username on the production or "Live system":
- Your user name and password are connected with a user profile which determines the ability to perform certain activities, like a key that opens only the rooms you are allowed to.
- Point out in the live environment the time-out before disconnection will be (currently 2 hours) after inactivity – it will then be necessary to log back in!
Salesforce Home tab
[image of typical home tab]
- Each user's home tab will be slightly different. This is known as 'personalization' and there is a lot of this at work in Salesforce.
- Also, note that there is a sidebar that you can show/hide with the key combination "Alt-S".
Working with Tabs
[image of tabs - Home | Chatter | Accounts | Contacts | Reports | Dashboards | Community Teams | Roles ]
- Click on a specific tab to work with and access lists of records
- The drop-down menu under each tab offers different ways to view records
- You can also customize or 'personalize' the tabs that you see using the "+" icon on the toolbar.
[image of global search box from top of the page]
- The search function searches ALL records, also known as "Global Search"
- Searching is critical to maintaining good information
ALWAYS search before entering a new contact, community or organization account.
- Search with an * when you don’t know the full name (before and after)
TIP: It’s generally better to search fewer words rather than the full organization/community name
- You can also use the AND, OR, AND NOT, () and “ ” to further refine your search
[image of typical search results]
- Search results are divided by accounts, contacts, Community Teams, etc.
- To open a record, click on it's Name
Look North on your screen for link labeled "Help & Training"
[image of toolbar and help link]
- The help link is on every screen in Salesforce
- After clicking on “Help & Training”, enter a word or phrase in the Help search text box then click the Magnifier icon
[image of help search box and magnifier icon]
- On many pages within Salesforce the hyperlink entitled “Help for this Page” is available in the upper right hand corner of the screen
[image of help for this page and question mark icon]
Demonstrate What You've Learned
- How many Chambers of Commerce have been entered into Salesforce so far?
- How many organizations have been entered into Salesforce so far?
- How many communities have been entered into Salesforce so far?
- What is the team affiliated with Brunswick County?
- Chambers of Commerce (2), Health Departments (3 if you use * before and after, 1 if you use “”, etc.)
- Brunswick Health Ambassadors