Topics Map > Software > Salesforce > Training > Coaching Manual 2015
Module 4 - Tracking Team Calls
Module 4 from Coaching Training Deck 6-oct-2015
In this module you will learn how use Salesforce in the ongoing task of tracking team calls. Specifically you will learn:
Find a Community Team in SalesforceLogging a Team CallAbout ActivitiesAbout Notes and Attachments
Find a Community Team
[image screenshot of Community Teams tab]
- You can search for your Team in the Search Bar
- You can click on the Community Team of your choosing in Recent Items if you’ve visited their page recently
- You can also click on the Community Team tab and click on your Team
Logging a Team Call
[image screenshot of a Community Team record highlighting buttons]
- Log a team call by clicking the button "Log a Call" in the Activity History related list.
- You can also click the "New Event" button in the Open Activities related list.
[image - screenshot of the "log a call" form"]
- Enter in call # and brief note
- Enter in Team Lead. You can also enter in all team members if it would be helpful to track attendance
- Enter in Community Team Affliiation
[image - screen shot of Community Team record showing the new call under Activity History
- Call history will be saved under Activity History
- There are 2 activity types - Tasks and Events.
- Tasks are To-Do items. They can be reminders to do something.
- Events are activities with time around them, like a conference call, meeting, or webinar
- Activities can either be completed or scheduled out in the future
- The "Log a Call" form is a version of a Task. It is different from a regular task because:
- It sets the task type to "Phone Call"
- It sets the status to completed
- Allows you to enter notes immediately (as opposed to creating the task, saving, then re-opening to add notes)
About Notes and Attachments
[image - screenshot of Notes & Attachments related list]
- You can attach Notes and Attachments to Organizations, Communities, or Contacts
- When to use notes
- In general think of most interactions with a contact in terms of Activities.
- A note is an aspect of the contact (or account) that may be useful of which to be aware, but is not part of any interaction.
- The last time I visited Dan, he indicated he was a big fan of football and in particular he likes the New England Patriots.
- Monica has two children who have been involved with community shares programs in the Dallas area.
- It is also possible to mark a note as 'private' which means it shows only to the record owner and to the system administrators.
- Still strive to be careful to not record things that may be libelous or offensive. If the record is given to a new owner the private notes will be transferred
- The last time I visited Dan he may have been upset when I mentioned the Packers - I need to be more careful with casual conversation.
- One of Monica's children knows my mother!