Topics Map > Software > Salesforce > Training > Coaching Manual 2015
Module 5 - Entering a Rapid Response (RR)
Module 2 from Coaching Training Deck 6-oct-2015
In this module you will learn how to enter a Rapid Response. Specifically you will learn:
- How to enter available information from the RR request
- How RRs will be assigned in the future
note: much of this is now managed by the Communications staff in Operations (Megan, Sam and Komal)
Create a new contact for the RR
[image - screenshot of notification of a RR]
- When forwarded a RR take note of the following:
- contact name
- contact info (email, phone)
- SEARCH for any existing records for the contact.
- Create a new contact and complete the form with the available information
[image - screenshot of new contact form]
- Connect that contact to an account (Salesforce requires this to save)
- If there is no community or organization, select "Unknown Account"
- Choose the point of entry from the options available
- Save the new contact
Create the first RR activity record
- Open the contact just saved (or found through searching)
- In the Open Activities related list, click the button to create a "New Task"
[image - screenshot of contact record with Open Activity related list]
- Enter the task subject as "RR Follow up; Contact Name"
- Copy any message from the contact into the comments area
- Assign the task to the coaching triage lead - Kitty Jerome
Accepting the new RR task
- The coaching triage lead (Kitty) will assign the task to a member of the coaching staff.
- The due date for the task must be 48 hours from the time of the first contact.
- The assigned coach will see the task appear on their Salesforce homepage
[image - screenshot of 'my tasks' on Salesforce Home tab]
- Some Salesforce users may also have email notifications enabled and learn of the task that way
- The assigned coach opens the task
- Click the name of the contact in the "Related to" area of the task record to see the contact record
- The coach will take ownership of the contact by changing the contact owner to their name
Completing the new RR task
- From the contact record the coach can click the RR task and review the initial message from the contact.
- The coach takes the appropriate steps to reach out to the contact, ideally within the 48 hour task due date.
- After making contact, the coach returns to the contact record
- Click the "Log a Call" button in the Activity History of the contact and enter details about the interaction with the contact
[image - screenshot of contact record showing Activity History]
- The coach can then open the initial RR task in the activity history
- Change the task status from "Open" to "Completed" and save the task
- Notify the coaching triage person (@Kitty Jerome) using the Chatter feed at the top of the contact record.