Topics Map > Software > Salesforce > Training > Coaching Manual 2015
Module 6 - Salesforce Chatter
Module 6 from Coaching Training Deck 6-oct-2015
In this module you will learn about Salesforce Chatter. Specifically you will learn:
What is Salesforce Chatter
What is Chatter?
[image - screenshot of Chatter tab in Salesforce]
- It is an 'instant messaging' platform like Facebook, Twitter.
- Organizations are learning that e-mail is not inheriantly social
- e-mail is almost always devoid of context
- Chatter creates a general feed of messages from users
- It also creates a feed for every record in Salesforce!
- Users are able to send message specific to each record, putting questions and answers in context
- Allows users to create groups for discussion that might be distracting for all users
- Has additional features including:
- File sharing
- Quick polling
- Create new records from within a conversation (contact, lead, activity, event)
More to come