Computer Sciences - Human Resources - Income Continuation Insurance (ICI)
This document provides information on employee Income Continuation Insurance.
Employees covered by the Wisconsin Retirement system (University staff, Academic staff, Faculty, and Limited employees) are eligible to enroll in the ICI plan. You have 30 days from your date of hire to enroll in the plan.
Refer to the links below for important information about the ICI plan.
- Employee Trust Funds (ETF) website page: http://etf.wi.gov/members/benefits_ici.htm.
- State Employee ICI (ET-2016) brochure: http://etf.wi.gov/publications/et2106.pdf.
- Staff that are NOT UW Faculty and Academic staff – See Important wording at the bottom of page 6, ICI brochure. This wording means that you can use only 5 days of sick leave in the calendar year to remain in Category 3 or your premiums are affected.
- Faculty and Academic Staff – Premiums are based on salary, selected elimination period and whether you have worked more than one year in state service. Language starts on Page 8. Premium rate charts are on the following pages.
- How much will the ICI benefit pay? See Page 2.
Premium Categories 4, 5, and 6 are considered permanent plateau categories. Once you reach a plateau category, you will never drop to a lower category even if your sick leave balance falls below the category’s threshold.