Topics Map > Adminstration
Topics Map > Onboarding
Computer Sciences - Administration - Driver's Authorization
This document provides information for obtaining driver's authorization. This is needed to rent or drive a UW/State Fleet vehicle. It is also needed to get reimbursed for driving a personal vehicle and/or parking fees while on University business.
In order to be covered by the State's Liability Protection while driving on University business, all UW-Madison Faculty, Staff, Student, LTE and Volunteer drivers must be approved through the State of Wisconsin Enterprise Vehicle System, prior to departing on University business. Regardless of whether you are driving your personal vehicle, Car Fleet or DOA vehicle, or rental vehicle, all potential drivers must complete the appropriate driver authorization information.
Information on UW Driver's Authorization is found on this Risk Management Page: http://www.bussvc.wisc.edu/risk_mgt/drivetable.html
This includes a direct link to the State of Wisconsin Enterprise Vehicle System: https://fleetportal.wi.gov/Specific important information: Approved drivers are added to the Approved Driver Database database as follows:
- Faculty/Staff - indefinitely, however if you hold an out-of-state license, authorization expires after six months. Drivers will not be re-approved until a Wisconsin license is obtained. Permanent out of state drivers will be approved for 1 year and must re-apply annually.
- Temporary Employees (TE's) - maximum of two years.
- Students/Volunteers - maximum of one year or duration of a trip.
- Honorary Associates/Fellows must apply as Volunteers - maximum of one year.
- Emeritus Status must apply as Volunteers - maximum of one year.
Out of State Driver’s License or Less than Two Years Driving History:
Drivers with an out of state driver’s license, must provide a driving abstract from that state showing the last two years driving history and their driver’s license. Wisconsin drivers with less than two years driving history, must also provide a driving abstract from the other state showing the last two years driving history and driver’s license. These documents need to be uploaded in the application. Only PDF files will be accepted.
Computer Science Information:
The application asked for UW Campus: UW-Madison, and the UW UDDS Code: the Computer Sciences code is 482000.