Change or Reset Password
We all have many passwords. The School of Education consolidates passwords within Windows Active Directory (AKA domain) to provide a "single sign-on" (SSO) solution. Many, but not all, services offered by the School recognize your Windows domain password. This KnowledgeBase (KB) article describes how to change or reset that password.
Individuals can change their own password with these directions. The one requirement is that the current password (AKA old password) is known. If the password has been forgotten or lost, use the directions below to reset a password.
- Press the [Alt+Ctrl+Del] buttons simultaneously.
- Click the "Change a password..." link.
- Type the old and new passwords in labeled fields and click the "Next" (arrow) button to finish.
- Choose "Apple > System Preferences..." from the Finder menu bar.
- Click on the "Users & Groups" icon.
- Choose a user account from the "Current User" list, and ensure it includes "Network".
- Click the "Change Password..." button.
- Type the old and new passwords in labeled fields and click the "Change Password" button to finish.
Unknown passwords can be reset by technical support staff, but staff cannot provide old passwords, because passwords are scrambled upon creation.
To reset a password, staff make and share the new password with the account owner. Staff share new passwords with the owner in the most secure way, yet it is recommended that the recently-received password be changed using the directions above.
Request password resets from technical support staff at...
- MERIT Help Desk
- WCER Technical Services
- List of IT support staff in the School of Education.