News and Announcements
- Learn how DMARC will affect UW-Madison email marketing campaigns Jan 31, 2019, 3:15 PM CDT
The UW-Madison Office 365 team, in collaboration with the Office of Cybersecurity, will rollout Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance (DMARC) to campus to help protect your email marketing campaigns and your recipients from spam, spoofing, and phishing in July 2019. You are encouraged to proactively implement DMARC policy for your department’s subdomain before this date. Learn more about the UW-Madison DMARC project.
- New SMTP Relay support for AWS and Email List and Marketing Best Practices May 10, 2018, 9:37 AM CDT
office 365 email smtp aws email list marketing communications dmarc security secure
- Office 365 - Working with cloud service vendors Apr 21, 2017, 9:48 AM CDT
Vendors of cloud services often make changes to their services without providing significant advance notice. It’s important for the UW tech support and end users to realize the ways that changes to Office 365 can occur. Read more for additional information.
- UW-Madison sees an increase in phishing attempts Apr 21, 2017, 9:48 AM CDT
Recently, UW-Madison has seen an increase in attempts to obtain NetID and password credentials from UW-Madison students, faculty, and staff via email. To avoid falling victim to a phishing scam, never respond to an email that asks for your password, and only enter your NetID and password if you recognize the campus NetID login screen.
Getting started with Office 365
Get help from the DoIT Help Desk
Top Documents of the Week
- Office 365 - Known Issues
- Office 365 - Download/Install Office 365
- Office 365 - Get better performance when using Outlook desktop clients
- Office 365 - Migration Checklist
- Office 365 - View or send the source of an email message header
- Office 365 - Configure Resource Scheduling Options/Settings/Permissions
- Office 365 - Which clients/protocols will be supported?
- Office 365 (Outlook for Windows) - Remove an Outlook Profile
Most Recently Updated Documents
- Office 365 - Email Domains that Require TLS [Campus login required]
- Office 365 (Outlook on the web | Outlook for Windows/MacOS) - Add an email signature
- Office 365 - What are the differences between an Office 365 Group, an Office 365 Security Group, a Contact list, a Google Group, and WiscLists?
- Office 365 - Create, edit, or delete a Service Account
- Office 365 (Outlook on the web | Outlook for Windows) - How to find messages that have been moved to your top-level folder
- Office 365 - Known Issues
- Office 365 - How can I lose access to my Office 365 account?
- Office 365 (Outlook on the web | Outlook for Windows/MacOS) - Moving events between calendars