News and Announcements
- Microsoft retiring support for Internet Explorer 11 in Microsoft 365 apps. Dec 2, 2020, 6:43 PM CST
Beginning November 30, 2020, the Microsoft Teams web app will no longer support IE 11.
- New Office 365 feature: “Briefing” email from Cortana Jul 28, 2020, 3:48 PM CST
Starting August 2020, Microsoft will release a new feature called “Briefing” to all UW-Madison Office 365 users.
- CloudFax Migrations Starting July 27, 2020 Jun 8, 2020, 11:52 AM CST
The following email notification was sent to CloudFax stakeholders on 06/08/2020.
- UW-Madison sees an increase in phishing attempts Apr 21, 2017, 8:48 AM CST
Recently, UW-Madison has seen an increase in attempts to obtain NetID and password credentials from UW-Madison students, faculty, and staff via email. To avoid falling victim to a phishing scam, never respond to an email that asks for your password, and only enter your NetID and password if you recognize the campus NetID login screen.
Getting started with Office 365
Get help from the DoIT Help Desk
Top Documents of the Week
- Office 365 (Outlook on the web | Outlook for Windows/Mac) - Best practices when using the calendar
- Office 365 - Download/Install Office 365
- Office 365 - Can't sign in to Microsoft Office, access Microsoft Outlook, or interact with Microsoft data files
- Office 365 (Outlook for Windows) - Find a message with Instant Search
- Office 365 (Outlook on the web) - Search for messages and people
- Office 365 (Outlook for Windows/MacOS) - Data files
- Office 365 - Find the folder location of a message when using the search function
- Office 365 - What version of Microsoft Office/Outlook am I using?
Most Recently Updated Documents
- Office 365 - Getting Started with Microsoft To-Do
- Office 365 - Getting Started with Service Accounts
- Office 365 - Exchange Online Basic Authentication
- Office 365 - Getting Started with Groups
- Office 365 - Use of Security Groups to Manage Permissions
- Office 365 - Manage/view Group Settings/Parameters
- Office 365 - How is FERPA status managed in Office 365?
- Office 365 - Submit a message as spam/phishing