News and Announcements
- WiscChat will be turned off on June 30, 2019 Jun 18, 2019, 2:13 PM CDT
Effective June 30, 2019, the WiscChat service will be turned off and individuals using their UW-Madison email address to authenticate into their desktop chat client will not be able to login. Targeted communication was sent to these individuals on June 17th.
- Learn how DMARC will affect UW-Madison email marketing campaigns Jan 31, 2019, 3:15 PM CDT
The UW-Madison Office 365 team, in collaboration with the Office of Cybersecurity, will rollout Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance (DMARC) to campus to help protect your email marketing campaigns and your recipients from spam, spoofing, and phishing in July 2019. You are encouraged to proactively implement DMARC policy for your department’s subdomain before this date. Learn more about the UW-Madison DMARC project.
- New SMTP Relay support for AWS and Email List and Marketing Best Practices May 10, 2018, 9:37 AM CDT
office 365 email smtp aws email list marketing communications dmarc security secure
- Office 365 - Working with cloud service vendors Apr 21, 2017, 9:48 AM CDT
Vendors of cloud services often make changes to their services without providing significant advance notice. It’s important for the UW tech support and end users to realize the ways that changes to Office 365 can occur. Read more for additional information.
- UW-Madison sees an increase in phishing attempts Apr 21, 2017, 9:48 AM CDT
Recently, UW-Madison has seen an increase in attempts to obtain NetID and password credentials from UW-Madison students, faculty, and staff via email. To avoid falling victim to a phishing scam, never respond to an email that asks for your password, and only enter your NetID and password if you recognize the campus NetID login screen.
Getting started with Office 365
Get help from the DoIT Help Desk
Top Documents of the Week
- Office 365 (Outlook for Windows) - Customize the Outlook window
- Office 365 - Known Issues
- Office 365 - Configure Resource Scheduling Options/Settings/Permissions
- Office 365 - Download/Install Office 365
- Office 365 - View or send the source of an email message header
- Office 365 - Mail and Calendar folder permission levels
- Office 365 - Migration Checklist
- Office 365 - Which clients/protocols will be supported?
Most Recently Updated Documents
- Office 365 - Free/Busy lookup between UW System/Schools/Colleges and UW Health
- Office 365 - Handling Duplicate Events
- Office 365 - Applications that Office 365 service accounts can access using NetID login
- Office 365 - Activate or change your firstname.lastname@example.org address
- Office 365 - How will email@example.com email addresses be assigned?
- Office 365 - Additional steps to complete when your primary email address is changing
- Office 365 - Getting Started with Microsoft Teams
- Office 365 - Getting Started with Groups