News and Announcements
- Office 365 - Outlook on the Web outage Feb 17, 2017, 11:07 AM CST
Some users are unable to log into Outlook on the web via multiple browsers.
- Office 365 - Issue Managing Resource Calendar Permissions via Outlook on the Web Feb 14, 2017, 9:56 AM CST
When users attempt to manage the share settings within a resource calendar in Outlook on the Web, they receive a message stating "The sharing invitation couldn't be sent" (when attempting to add new/modify existing permissions) or "The sharing invitation couldn't be deleted" (when attempting to delete permissions).
- Office 365 - Outlook for Mac 2016 experiencing multiple issues on latest patch versions (15.29 & 15.30) Feb 7, 2017, 1:13 PM CST
There has been a recent stream of issues that Microsoft believes are being caused by the latest patch versions of Outlook for Mac 2016.
These issues include, but are not limited to:
- Issues configuring your account initially
- Continual NetID authentication prompts from the client
- An inability to send or receive email from the client
Microsoft has stated that a new patch to resolve the above issues should be available by mid-February. We will continue to update you with new information.
- Office 365 - Working with cloud service vendors Oct 11, 2016, 8:20 AM CST
Vendors of cloud services often make changes to their services without providing significant advance notice. It’s important for the UW tech support and end users to realize the ways that changes to Office 365 can occur. Read more for additional information.
- UW-Madison sees an increase in phishing attempts Oct 11, 2016, 8:24 AM CST
Recently, UW-Madison has seen an increase in attempts to obtain NetID and password credentials from UW-Madison students, faculty, and staff via email. To avoid falling victim to a phishing scam, never respond to an email that asks for your password, and only enter your NetID and password if you recognize the campus NetID login screen.
Getting started with Office 365
Get help from the DoIT Help Desk
Top Documents of the Week
- Outlook 2013 | 2010 - Export Auto Fill / Auto Complete data
- Office 365 (Outlook 2016 for Windows) - Customize the Outlook window
- Office 365 - Known Issues
- Office 365 - Server and Account Configuration Settings
- Office 365 (Outlook on the web) - Create and add an email message signature
- Office 365 - Get Better Performance when Using Outlook
- Office 365 - Configure Resource Scheduling Options/Settings/Permissions
- Office 365 (Outlook 2013) - Create and edit a contact group
Most Recently Updated Documents
- Office 365 - Which clients/protocols will be supported?
- Office 365 - Remove Addresses From the Auto-Complete List
- Office 365 - What are the differences between an Office 365 Group, an Office 365 Security Group, a Contact list, a Google Group, and WiscLists?
- Office 365 (Outlook for iOS) - Attach a file/photo to an email message
- Office 365 (Outlook on the web | Outlook 2016 | Outlook 2013) - Invite a Resource Calendar
- Office 365 (Outlook | Outlook on the web) - Learn to Use Office 365
- Office 365 (Outlook 2016 for Mac) - Configure Outlook 2016 for Mac
- Office 365 (Outlook 2016 for Mac) - Reply to or forward an email message