Entering Hours Into a Timesheet with HRS
How to utilize My UW to find the timesheet functionality for HRS and enter bi-weekly hours.
1. Log into MyUW at https://my.wisc.edu/
2. Within your MyUW tabs you will see a "Work Record" listing. Under the drop down menu select "Time and Absence."
3. Within the new page select the 'Timesheet" link on the left hand side of the page.
4. The system will ask you to authenticate with your NetID.
5. Select the organization "University of Wisconsin - Madison" on the next window that shows up. Hit Submit.
5. This will provide a list of the jobs you presently work at. Click on the 'STUDENT HELP' link corresponding to the MERIT description.
6. Enter your times into the time sheet using military time (ex. 18:32). Using am/pm can result in time approval issues. For single entry put the time into the first entry slot for "In" and use the last position for "Out." If you work two shifts place the first shift into the first "In", "Out" set, and the second shift into the second "In" and "Out" slot. See image below for an example.
7. If additional space is needed there is a [+] button that can be used to produce additional time entry locations for a given date. Enter time in the same fashion as the other timeslots. See:
8. Scroll down and hit submit to enter the hours. You will know that the time has been entered when you see the "Punch Total" time entered.
Note: If you are entering your hours for a date prior to this time period select the "Previous Time Period" link or select the date in the "Date:" field.